Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:58:51 -0500
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        "Brandon Young" <bkyoung@falcon.cc.ukans.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DHCP (was )

"Brandon Young" <bkyoung@falcon.cc.ukans.edu> wrote,

>Round two. Is there anyone reading this who has DHCP  operating
>successfully in FreeBSD 3.4? Is there a known problem with DHCP  in this
>release? Any tips on on how to get it to work? My problem is  that I can
>see my DHCP server, Gateway, Name Server, etc. - But nothing on the
>internet. Everyhting works fine in Windows on same hardware.  Brandon
>Young  P.S. I'm using a 3C905B (/dev/xl0) ethernet  adapter.

Do you want to run a DHCP client, or a server? Have a look at
http://freebsd.peon.net/freebsd/ext/ext-tutor7.html for the client, or
http://freebsd.peon.net/freebsd/ext/ext-tutor10.html for the server.

FWIW, I installed the DHCP server on two different machines last year and
it has been fine for several months, but this was only under 3.1R and 3.2R.

Hope this helps.

PS - For future reference, you might get better response if you 1) put
something in the subject line, b) lay off the HTML tags and iii) hit return
once in a while.

--
Chris Hill                   chris@monochrome.org
[place witty saying here]