Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dan@math.berkeley.edu (Dan Strick)
To:        terbart@aye.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, dan@math.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re:  19980917-SNAP boot floppy

> I just snagged the boot floppy and booted. The installation died
> because it was unable to find the 19980916-SNAP. Shouldn't it have
> been looking for the 19980917-SNAP? Am I omitting something obvious?

It looks like the directory 3.0-19980917-SNAP actually contains a
release named 3.0-19980916-SNAP and the installation floppy image
will look for this directory name by default.  If you can't change
the directory name (because you are installing from someone else's
copy of the release) you can use the installation program's menu
option to change the name of release to be installed.

Dan Strick
dan@math.berkeley.edu