Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2017 19:09:30 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh <sunpoet@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Procmail got updated!

Am 18.12.2017 um 00:17 schrieb Dave Horsfall:
> Doing my regular update, and...
>
> =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Upgrading procmail from 3.22_9 to 3.22_10...
>
> Good grief; who's the masochist who volunteered to support this
> obscure insecure and hitherto-unsupported scripting language?

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=3Drevision&revision=3D455800

I'd agree we should pull the plug on the package. We'll be in for the
usual "but it works for me" screaming of the irresponsible people who
don't care (and most of them won't know that they need to write the
exception/error handling themselves in their .procmailrc recipes).

Sunpoet, can we mark the port as deprecated given that even the upstream
once said it should best be abolished? I can't find the reference now,
the procmail.org website displays "Site hosting in transit, information
will be back up shortly."