Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:30:57 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>, "Brech, Cary" <CBrech@kenan.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, mblott@lucent.com, "Savio,     Florie N" <fsavio@lucent.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Support of Hot Swappable NICs

In message <200006080227.TAA04108@mass.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: Actually, there's still a *lot* of work that has to be done to make this
: work "right" - let me say two things only:
:
: "resource allocation"
:
: "interrupt routing"

Yes.  Given cardbus support, these are easy.  We don't have cardbus
support yet, so these will be quite hard.  You have to cooperate with
the pci bios to do either of these in a MI way.  And the pci bios
might not exist on all platforms, iirc.

Warner