Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:28:08 -0400
From:      Steven S <stevensl@mindspring.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Questions/Problems/Comments

Hi gang,

  First the Praise... Its great to see you supporting the TV cards. Its a
major reason why i chose FBSD since the TV card was supported (that and
FBSD owns!)

Next questions...

I have the Hauppauge Win/tv/dbx unit. I got the driver, compiled it in to
the kernel, got the Fxtv and got it running. When the kernel boots it lists
the card as having the PAL tuner when it really is NTSC, is there some
change i have to do to the driver to switch it? This may relate to my other
problem/question.

When i get into X (Xfree as shipped with 2.2.6 (3.3.2??)) fxtv comes up
fine, but when i switch to tuner mode, cable mode i get noise, blue screen
w/static. Its as if i need to set the specific frequencies in the tuner for
each channel but from the documentation it appears the driver does this. Is
this correct? or do i have to set the freq's? If i have to set the freq's
where is a good list of them to use?

Now my comments... the software rocks but how bout an tuning/setup
interface similar to the Hauppauge Win/TV software. Its really cool how it
autoscans for channels on setup and then the small little control pad for
changing channels is really nice.

Steven
"I donno, Its some kind of Micro$oft crap..."