Date:      Wed, 05 Jan 2000 16:09:36 -0500
From:      Delanet Administration <admin@delanet.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   panic: pmap_new_proc: u_map allocation failed

Hopefully someone here can give a hand with this one. I have a mail
server running 3.1 stable and Qmail 1.03. It's been running stable for
about a year. It's storing email on a raid via NFS (Metastor raid unit
connected to a 3.3 stable box). I recently had a crash with the
following error message:

    panic: pmap_new_proc: u_map allocation failed

Before the crash I did notice a surge in usage...it jumped from it's
normal 70-90 pricesses to 400...I couldnt find anything in specific out
of the ordinary running at the time but I didnt have long to check
before it locked up. I searched the archives and found nothing
specifically like that message...only several regarding pmap.c and kmap.
If anyone can direct on how to find an answer as to why I would greatly
appreciate it.

PS: please cc me in replies as I'm not currently on the list.

--
Stephen Comoletti
Systems Administrator