Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 15:36:13 -0400
From:      PJourdan <info@lespetitsplaisirs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cvsup

I am a little confused (again): I update my ports with:
cvsu /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
Question-problems:
1. When configured for the default tag = . everything seems to work fine.
If I use RELENG_4_5 - it's wipe-out time. kThe ports are totally erased.
What's going on here?
2. When I run portdb -Uu, I get a lot of error messages regarding those
ports that I don't download, like the japanese stuff, hebrew, russian,
vietnamese & a lot of other stuff that is useless for me. How can I clean
this act?
Phil