Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:35:25 -0700
From:      Bob Howard <rhoward@fidelity.presys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD

Hi,
I am an older dude that has spent his life in the computing
world... going all the way back to vacuum tube computer days.
Anyway, I run a one man computer consultancy in the high
desert country of Oregon in the USA.

Last year I got my belly full of MS and attendant baloney so I
started looking at Linux. Seven distros later I am a little
more knowledgeable, but concerned... my goal is a rock stable
OS for a workstation that makes my speakers speak, play an
occasional game, and allows me a platform from which to
operate and to convert windows folks to.

People are voicing concern that Linux is likely to be
fractured... this newbie's view is that it already has...

Is FreeBSD, in your opinion, the OS that I am looking for, for
both me and my clients? I want to run KDE and have life be
sane and stable.

Your response is appreciated in advance...

Bob H
Fidelity Computer Services
http://fidelity.presys.com