Date:      08 Jan 2000 01:12:20 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, se@FreeBSD.org, andreas@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Qt/KDE/bsd.port.mk upgrade PRs imminent

 * From: Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>

 *         o Small patch to bsd.port.mk
 *         o Upgrade Qt port (1.42 -> 1.44) + add USE_NEWGCC. Will require a repo
 *           copy from qt142 -> qt14. According to Troll Tech, Qt 1.44 is backwards
 *           compatible with 1.4x.

Why not "qt144"?  I think the Qt tradition of having all version
numbers so we can have both versions in the tree at the same time
while we switch over is worth preserving.

 *         o Upgrade KDE libraries to USE_NEWGCC. Requires version bump. I have
 *           decided that PKGNAME will be kdelibs-1.1.2.1 to reflect this change,
 *           and the shared library version will be updated to "3".

Ok.

-PW