Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:09:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Flowers <jflowers@peony.ezo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GateD OSPF and CISCO unnumbered

I am trying to get a Cisco 2500 (IOS 12.0) and a freebsd box with GateD
OSPF to talk to each other over a PtP unnumbered WAN synchronous link that
won't do multicast (Sangoma PPP).

I can get the hello messages to go unicast from GateD to Cisco but not
from Cisco to GateD.  Cisco insists on sending multicast to 224.0.0.5
which are received by bpf but not passed up the stack.

According to the book I can get Cisco to do unicast by configuring an ospf
neighbor.  When I try to do this with the far end address or 0.0.0.0 or
one of the ethernet addresses it complains and won't let me do it.

Is there a way to do this?  I hate to give up on unnumbered and will
probably configure the Sangoma for HDLC which will do multicast, if not.

Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
#4 ranked ISP on C|NET #1 in Ohio