Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 2006 03:39:37 -0500
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: flash plugin in 6.0

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:43:26 -0900, Beecher Rintoul wrote:

> Try starting firefox from a terminal and see if you get plugin errors before
> it starts. I was working on that port locally to fix the paths. I uninstalled
> everything and did an install with the fixed port and none of the plugins
> worked. I uninstalled again and reinstalled with the stock port and still
> nothing. Startup shows errors on all the linux plugins. I think something
> else has changed, but I'm not sure what. Even my fixes don't work anymore.

Finally got time to look into this again tonight. I was getting errors,
and the first round suggested that I needed to change libmap.conf from:

[/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so]

to:

[/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so]

After that, about:plugins was showing Flash 7, but Firefox would crash
when I loaded a site with flash. I then applied rtld_dlsym_hack.diff and
now it appears to be working. For the time being. Heh.