Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 14:38:24 -0500
From:      Drew Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1 RELEASE compile SMP failure

I was compiling an SMP kernel for a new install of 4.1 RELEASE on a dual
P54C. I got an error code like this:

cc -O -pipe -D_KERNEL -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wcast-qual -fformat-extensions -ansi -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I- -I. -I@
-I@/ ../include -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -c setdef1.c
ld -Bshareable -o if_wi.ko setdef0.o if_wi.kld setdef1.o
1 error
root@devel(/usr/src/sys/compile/devel)#

I did use a make -j6 on this, and I'm giving it another shot without the
-j6 as I type this. Does anyone know why this just broke off without a
*real* error being given?

--
Drew Sanford