Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:55:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   en0 + ed0 + indirect X :(

Hi,

Setup:
 atm over en0 with route to systems of type A (atm_myname)
 ethernet over ed0 with route to system of type B (myname)
 X -indirect TypeB_host (x_serv)
 cvsup: Nov, 12.

Standard kernel:
 x_serv tries to open the dtlogin on atm_myname:0, but it can't because
 there's no route from systems of type B to the atm interface.

Patched kernel:
 Everything works fine (x_serv didn't try to open the display on
 atm_myname:0).

Patch:
 /sys/i386/i386/autoconf.c
 Changing

 eisa_configure();
 pci_configure();
 pnp_configure();
 isa_configure();

 eisa_configure();
 isa_configure();
 pci_configure();
 pnp_configure();

I didn't know why x_serv tries to open the display on atm_myname:0
instead of myname:0. x_serv hasn't an atm interface and myname has a
default route over ed0, but if I patch the kernel as shown it works.

As you guess, I didn't want to patch the kernel everytime I update the
sources.

Someone out there who knows
 - why I see such a behavior (perhaps it's a misconfiguration)?
 - a solution (if it is a misconfiguration)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
2^{F_{h+1}-1} z^{F_{h+2}-1} + 2^{F_{h+1}-2} L_{h-1} z^{F_{h+2}}
+ complicated terms + 2^{h-1} z^{2^h - 2} + z^{2^h - 1}