Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 14:25:51 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quotas: the simple way

	Assuming I have the kernel configured properly, and lines something
similar to this in /etc/fstab:

/dev/da1s1e             /home           ufs     rw              2
2
/dev/da1s1f             /mail           ufs     rw              2
2

	What would I need to do, both to /etc/fstab, and to /mail to enforce a
40Meg user quota, allowing a single user to reach an absolute maximum of
ten megabytes? Alternately, how would I force /home to allow each user
of a group to have 25megs storage max, and each user of a different
group to have 2megs max? (call them g1/g2 for sake of simplicity shall
we)
	I've read the manpages, and I've read several FAQ's, but I've not seen
any good samples, and real-life working configurations. I would greatly
appreciate it if anyone could provide me with such an example?

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com