Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2018 23:33:52 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@nethead.se>
To:        Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org>, freebsd-office@freebsd.org
Cc:        Greg Veldman <freebsd@gregv.net>, Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] LibreOffice 6

Hi,

On 03/01/18 16:33, Li-Wen Hsu wrote:
> (BCC -ports@ for more audience)
>
> Thanks for two Greg's work in PR 224288, LibreOffice 6 updating is almost
> ready.  It's time for having more people to test.
>
> The working area is here: https://github.com/lwhsu/freebsd-ports-libreoffice
>
> Just download or clone it and `cd editors/libreoffice && make install`
> should be fine.
>
> For people worried about compiling time or resource, I have pre-built
> packages available if you trust me (and my machine :-)
>
> https://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/libreoffice/
>
> Please report issues to -office@ or comment on PR 224288.

I can report that I have successfully built 6.0.2.1 with the Gtk3 option. on

ports r463406
FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #0 r330311 amd64

Open password protect file now works
File/proprties works

What does not work very well is the contrast colors in the UI, for
example, in the password dialogue, I see the cursor but no box and there
are no distinc buttons. The same goes for a few others I tested.

I had this complain from make install:
===>   Registering installation for libreoffice-6.0.2
(libreoffice-6.0.2)
/root/freebsd-ports-libreoffice.git/trunk/editors/freebsd-ports-libreoffice.git/trunk/editors/libreoffice/work/stage//usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/libofficebean.so
- required shared library libjawt.so not found
Installing libreoffice-6.0.2...

but

find /usr/local/ -name "*jawt*"
/usr/local/openjdk8/jre/lib/amd64/libjawt.so
/usr/local/openjdk8/lib/amd64/libjawt.so
/usr/local/openjdk8/include/jawt.h
/usr/local/openjdk8/include/freebsd/jawt_md.h

So not sure what "not found" refers to.

Will now build with Gtk2 instead to check how that goes.

Cheers,

//per