Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 08:17:00 -0500
From:      "Goeringer, Michael" <goeringerm@keywest.ird.rl.af.mil>
To:        "'Christoph Kukulies'" <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: pccard - handbook - faq ?

Chris,
     Take a look at www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO

Michael G.

----------
From:  Christoph Kukulies[SMTP:kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE]
Sent:  Thursday, January 08, 1998 5:27 AM
To:  freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:  pccard - handbook - faq ?

I was seeking for pccard configuration information and
searched the handbook and mailing lists on the web page
as well as the man pages and the information is sparse.

Can anyone hel[p me in getting a D-LINK (NE2000 compatible they say)
PCMCIA card working?

I tried to enable pccard support in the kernel config file but
got a message that I cannot mix generic and dedicated card support
or something.

dmesg says:

zp: pcmcia slot 0: Intelligent~LUCENT  FAX/MODEM~
zp: pcmcia slot 1: D-Link~DE-650~Ver 01.00~
zp0 not found at 0x120

kernel CONFIG:

device zp0 at isa? port 0x120 net irq 9 iomem 0xd8000 vector zpintr