Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:24:52 -0800
From:      whoever <somebody@kashmir.etowns.net>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Witness and rpm

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 08:47:49PM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> whoever wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	Just to let you guys know that if you have
> > options	WITNESS
> > and perhaps INVARIANTS
> > enabled in the kernel it will panic() while installing
> > any of the rpm packages from the ports (mostly linux
> > programs). I saw this behavior in my kernel which is
> > a couple of days older than the cvs.
>
> How old exactly and what panic? The panic in vfs_syscalls when using rpm
> was fixed on Feb 2.
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1626284+0+archive/2002/cvs-all/20020203.cvs-all
>
> --
> Michael Nottebrock

Thanks Michael
Sorry work kept me from getting back to you immediately
following is the error i am getting ....
i cvsuped the src on February 7th

while installing /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/linux.gtk/gtk+-1.2.5-2.i386.rpm

recursed on non-recursive lock (sleep mutex)
filedesc structure @ /usr/src/sys/kern/vfs_syscalls:3573
first acquired @ /usr/src/sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c:998

panic : recurse
Debugger ("panic")
stopped  at Debugger+0x44 : pushl %ebx

note i typed the above info (didnt cut-paste it) so excuse any typo

--------Version of my vfs_syscall
 $FreeBSD: src/sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c,v 1.220 2002/02/01 18:27:16 alfred Exp
$
--------Version of my vfs_syscall

your patch does exist in my file I double checked it.