Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:58:33 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: my first jump

Heh heh heh,
I was completely *sure* that FreeBSD people are not normal ;-)
so, at least, there are 3 jumpers and one pilot around...

> From: Branson Matheson <Branson.Matheson@ferginc.com>
>
> Heh .. my current passion is learning to "drive" the airplane. I
> should complete my VFR pilots lic around christmas... and I cannot
> wait.  It isn't the same as jumping ( and I hope I never have to
> learn that part whilst flying my plane ;-) But I do love it.

Why not? It could be the occasion to learn a new sport ;-)

> From: Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
>
> Heh heh!
>
> I did my 400th skydive in January this year :-)
>
> Welcome. You are one of the few, now...

Thanks Mark :-) (What? only 400? ;-)

> From: Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
>
> According to Marco Molteni:
>
> > This weekend I did my first 3 jumps with a wing canopy from 1200
> > meters (still static line).
>
> Wait till you'll do free fall (is there a better translation ?),
> that even better !

Yes, freefall. I'm eager, and also a bit scared ;-)
And then relative work, freestyle, ...
Wow! (Yes, I know, I know, I need years to learn ;-)

Marco Molteni
Computer Science student at the Universita' degli studi di Milano, Italy.
                 "Whuffo you jump out of them airplanes?"