Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:42:12 +0100
From:      Paul Schenkeveld <freebsd@psconsult.nl>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tplink TL-WR1043ND access point is now ready (was Re: svn commit: r227926 - head/sys/mips/conf)

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 03:47:56PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> And with this particular commit, all the bits needed to get
> FreeBSD-HEAD running natively on this unit are now in the tree.
>
> The process is documented here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-wifi-build/wiki/TpLinkTLWR1043ND

Hi Adrian, this is great work it think!  I've been looking for something
like this for a long time and I'm now about to buy a TL-WR1043ND to try
it out, I've successfully built and image that's now sitting ans waiting
for hardware in my /tftpboot!

One question, hopefully not too silly, is there any way of reverting
a TL-WR1043ND back to it's original firmware after installing FreeBSD
on it?  I.e., can I somehow upload the contents of flash to my tftp
server before I download the FreeBSD image?

Kind regards,

Paul Schenkeveld