Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:42:11 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
Cc:        Steve Friedrich <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>, FBSDQ <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI Adapters

Patrick Seal wrote:

> The HARDWARE.TXT for 2.2.7 doesn't seem to mention any DPT controllers.
> Are they supported?  Also, has anyone gotten any SCSI controllers not on
> the supported hardware list to work?
>
> Thanks,

We have a DPT PM2044UW running in our 2.2.7 terminal server/webserver and it
works like a charm, this is running RAID1 at the moment...

re: Using controllers not on the list...

You might be lucky and find some SCSI controllers not on the list use chipsets
that are on the list, but on the whole - I wouldn't bet on it...

Regards,

Karl