Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:36:58 +0200
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <Lars.Koeller@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        lkoeller@post.uni-bielefeld.de
Subject:   fastvid, Tyan 1668 and new BIOS V5.01!

--------

Hi experts!

I've upgraded my Tyan S1668 mainboard with the new Bios V5.01 and
noticed that now the fastvid lkm didn't work anymore. The X server
and all console terminals are crashed, but the machine still works.

Are there any progress of integrating the fastvid functionality into
the 3.0 kernel through an ioctl interface or something similar?

I'm sorry, but at the moment I can't work on this due to lack of time,
so I switched it off and now have slow graphics again :-((

Regards

Lars
--
E-Mail:                                     |  Lars Köller
  Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE              |  UNIX Sysadmin