Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 02:08:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jraynard@jraynard.demon.co.uk
Cc:        committers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org, ports-jp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8 days until 2.2.5...  Administrative notices.

 * On Mon, Oct 13, 1997 at 03:56:57AM -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
 * > Ok...so it seems like the release is going out on 20th.  The ports
 * > freeze will be at 17:00PDT (10:00GMT) on Wednesday October 15th.
 *                               ^^^^^^^^
 * Hmm, not sure I follow your arithmetic here :-)

Ouch.  That should be 24:00GMT (or 0:00GMT of October 16th) of
course.  Sorry.

 * I know this is probably too late for 2.2.5, but I thought it might be
 * worth mentioning anyway.  What do people think to putting the size of
 * the tarball somewhere in the skeleton for each port?  This would be
 * very helpful for people with poor Internet connectivity.  Quite a few
 * times I've thought about installing a port, but wasn't sure how long
 * a download I was letting myself in for.  Currently, the only way this
 * can be done is by looking on the master site.

Hmm.  That is an interesting idea.

Satoshi