Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:00:31 -0600
From:      "Eric D. Stanfield" <exs@kka.com>
To:        "freebsd-q" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipv6

Has anyone configured the ipv6 support on freebsd and been able to connect
to some of the ipv6 sites that are up and running out there?  I admit only
taking a cursory look at some of the resources on the web but it seems like
you are pretty much s.o.l. unless your backbone provider does not already
have some ipv6 address space or you are willing to shell out a few grand for
some of your own.  Assuming that my backbone provider does have some
addresses available, has anyone been able to configure the os to tunnel
ipv6/ipv4 traffic in and out of the same ethernet interface?  Supposedly
this is possible while unwieldy and for the minimal amount of ipv6 traffic
I'd be generating it would be worth it.

Thanks

Eric