Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2019 14:23:50 -0500
From:      Jason Bacon <bacon4000@gmail.com>
To:        Mircea Romanitan <mitch_mrc@yahoo.com>, powerpc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: iMac G5 LXDE colour depth issue

How is the graphics performance with LXDE?

It was terrible for me a few months ago, but once the QT5 issues were=20
fixed, I was able to run Lumina, which is much faster.

BTW, I just committed a new version of sysutils/desktop-installer which=20
should now run pretty cleanly on a Mac G5.

Best,

 =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 JB

On 2019-07-26 14:16, Mircea Romanitan via freebsd-ppc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after some struggle, i got my iMac run FreeBSD 12.0 STABLE.
> Installed from ports X, LXDE, but starting X the colours are ugly. The =
depth is 8.
> Tried to create the xorg.conf file and change it to 32,24 or 16, but th=
ere is an error saying that scfb needs it 8.