Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 1995 13:25:42 -0700
From:      Stephen Melvin <melvin@zytek.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Patch to PPP code (magic disagreement on echo reply)

Hello,

I applied the patch shown below to /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/fsm.c.  It was not
actually affecting anything but I got tired of seeing endless error messages
in the log file.  I don't know if the problem is with ppp or with Trumpet 2.0B
(a Windows PPP driver), but ppp was sending echo request packets with its
magic number and expecting a reply with the magic number that Trumpet had
previously requested.  Instead, Trumpet simply sends a reply packet with the
same magic number it got in the request packet.

Steve Melvin

-------

*** fsm.c	Sat Aug 26 13:13:37 1995
--- fsm.c.orig	Sat Aug 26 13:13:02 1995
***************
*** 689,698 ****

    lp = (u_long *)MBUF_CTOP(bp);
    magic = ntohl(*lp);
! /*
!  * Tolerate echo replies with either magic number
!  */
!   if (magic != 0 && magic != LcpInfo.his_magic && magic != LcpInfo.want_magic) {
      logprintf("RecvEchoRep: his magic is wrong! expect: %x got: %x\n",
  	LcpInfo.his_magic, magic);
      /*
--- 689,695 ----

    lp = (u_long *)MBUF_CTOP(bp);