Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:10:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
To:        Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: User Mode Linux under Linux emulation

On 12-Jan-2003 Rus Foster wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was just debating about trying to install UML under the linux emulation
> and wondered had anyone tried it before? Does it even work or does UML
> rely to much on the linux kernel functionality to work at all under
> FreeBSD?

I'm not sure exactly what the program(s) you're asking about do, but I've
recently been experimenting with things like running rpmfind in a Linux shell
(chroot /compat/linux /bin/bash).  Amazingly, pretty much everything I've
downloaded installs and runs just fine!

Just watch those dependencies.  :-)

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> - "In Unix veritas"