Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:52:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      James Phillips <anti_spam256@yahoo.ca>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.2, usb mouse, uhub0: device problem (IOERROR),

--- On Fri, 11/20/09, Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 11:06 AM, James Phillips wrote:
> > Last time I was looking for a mouse, I could not find
> a PS/2 version. I was reluctant to get a USB mouse because
> none of them are USB Certified (http://www.usb.org). Many of them
also > had a "Side-scrolling" scroll wheel (designed with Vista in
> mind?) very awkward to use as a middle button.
>
> It's quite possibly to your credit that you've actually
> checked whether a USB mouse has been tested as compliant,
> but when I do a search for "Mice/trackballs/pointers", I get
> 68 results, including a dozen or so from both Logitech and
> Microsoft.

Ok, I wasn't clear: none of the mice in the local stores I checked
had the USB certified logo, Including a Logitech one I ended up
getting.
I was looking for a $20 mouse, not a $100 mouse, so that may make a
difference in labling/testing. *shrug*
Regards,

James Phillips

http://www.flickr.com/gift/