Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:40:07 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Max Kitchenko <max@Thing-Fish.Kharkov.NET>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How I can see connection rate using ppp -ddial ?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 03:14:56PM +0300, Max Kitchenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm FreeBSD 4.0 user, and I have a question. How I can see connection
> rate, when I use ppp -ddial inet ?
> When I include in my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file this string:
>
> set log local Connect
>
> it doesn't work. I.e. ppp worrks, but I can't see the rate of connection.

You mean you don't see something like this?

Working in interactive mode
Using interface: tun0
ppp ON parish> dia
ppp ON parish> Connect: Received: CONNECT 48000/ARQ
Ppp ON parish>
PPp ON parish>
PPP ON parish>

As the message says, the "CONNECT 48000/ARQ" is received so maybe it's
not being sent or, as one ISP I've used, there's a ^M between the
"CONNECT" and "48000/ARQ" so you see the word "CONNECT" but not the
speed.

What does the "set dial" line look like in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf?

> Please help me to understand this.
>
> Regards,
> Max
>
> mailto: max@tf.kharkov.net