Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 21:58:12 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RMS on UDI

At 12:03 PM 10/6/98 +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

>(moved to -chat)
>
>On Monday,  5 October 1998 at  9:13:29 -0700, Mike Smith wrote:
>>
>> Here's RMS and his own personal brand of FUD again, this time coming up
>> with good reasons why UDI will make us all a cargo cult.  Actually, he
>> doesn't talk about us at all, just those G-cattle.
>>
>> http://slashdot.org/articles/98/10/04/2211242.shtml
>
>Is this interesting?  rms is getting rather predictable.

He's getting looney. In this tirade, he basically says that anything that
would cause Linux to coexist or cooperate with non-GPLed software is
e-vile.

He also shows a lack of technical knowledge by claiming that using a
UDI driver would involve statically linking it into the kernel.

Guys, we gotta pull FreeBSD out of its rut, if for no other reason than
to provide an alternative to this lunacy.

--Brett