Date:      Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:28:01 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@haven.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: putting HESIOD, Appletalk and IPX on notice

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> I think it is time we deorbit HESIOD in toto.
>
> At the same time, making Appletalk and IPX "opt in" facilities by
> putting them under
> 	YES_IPX
> and
> 	YES_APPLETALK

how does this differ from
options NETATALK
and
options NETIPX?

Or do you mean for the complete build, i.e netstat etc. as well?

My comment on both is that they do live as good working examples of other
"foreign" network stacks.I also know that there are quite a few old MACS
sitting around doing various pronter management functions etc.
I don't know whether they will be gone by 2007 though.