Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:53:23 -0700
From:      george vagner <vagner@infomagic.com>
To:        "Gravel, Emmanuel (AZ77)" <Emmanuel.Gravel@CAS.honeywell.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Back-UPS software

I have a back-ups 400 and have tried the bkpupsd program sp?
on it and have looked over the wiring but it seems like the
program was written for a 25 pin cable and not the 9 pin
supplied with the ups so a custom cable would have to be fashioned
to work with it.

I believe the main difference between the 2 are the bkpupds uses
logic levels on certain pins and the "smart" ups uses actual
serial data (smarter).

if you can afford the "smart ups" get it instead for compatibility
issues of course.

George