Date:      Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:43:18 +0300
From:      Juha-Matti Liukkonen <jml@cubical.fi>
To:        Hristo Grigorov <Hristo.Grigorov@kolumbus.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Telewell ISDN card & FreeBSD

Hi,

support for the winbond based cards such as the Telewell has been
available since i4b 0.95. If you are using FreeBSD 4.x, which still
includes only version 0.92 or so, you need to download and install the
i4b 0.95 or 0.96 upgrade from http://www.freebsd-support.de/i4b/, or use
the co2stable kit to upgrade to the latest release (1.0) from
FreeBSD-current. When you have done this, you need the following lines
in your kernel config (these are documented in LINT, and in the i4b
README files):

device iwic0
pseudo-device	"i4bq921"
pseudo-device	"i4bq931"
pseudo-device	"i4b"
pseudo-device	"i4btrc"
pseudo-device	"i4bctl"
pseudo-device	"i4brbch"	2
pseudo-device	"i4btel"	2

The numbers 2 are the number of B channels to support; increase to
support multiple adapters. Then configure isdnd (and possibly ppp) with
your ISP's phone number, IP addresses, etc., and you are all set.

	- Juha

--
Juha-Matti Liukkonen, Cubical Solutions Ltd
Phone: +358(0)405280142