Date:      Sun, 18 May 2003 21:23:21 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        simon.sdaej@virgin.net
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ps2 mouse

>On Sat, 17 May 2003 11:16:23 "Simon Sharratt" <simon.sdaej@virgin.net>
>wrote:
>

>Hi I am a newby trying to make sense of bsd 4.7 which I have just installed
>on my system.My problem is I can't get the mouse to work,its a ps2 and I've
>tried everything sugested ie use SysMouse or Mousesystems as sugested,I had
>this triuble with Debian but I thought Id left that behind.Any suggestions?
>I've looked at thebsd diary but haven't seen anything there, strangely I
>thought my problems would start when I tried to configure my Nvidia
>gforce440 but haven't got that far yet.
>Hopfully Simon

Just to note: I have had similar problems related to a misconfigured video
card XF86Config. If this is the case, you should get a cursor if you move
the mouse at the command line, but nothing in X. (Actually, in my case,
moving the mouse caused the edges of windows to bug out and was related to a
wrong chipset.)

Peace,
Clayton

PS. if you continue to have problems, try asking the -questions list.