Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:01:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jhs@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        pst@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gnats needs emacs to even build !

 * Qestion: Is emacs mandatory ?  or does gnats have a `running light' capability

Please read the Makefile more carefully.

 > # we've got some .elc and info files to compile (yuck)
 > BUILD_DEPENDS=  emacs:${PORTSDIR}/editors/emacs

Besides, this being BUILD_DEPENDS pretty much implies that this is
required for building, not using gnats.

Feel free to modify the port to ignore the .elc and info files, and
you can take out the BUILD_DEPENDS line if you wish.

Satoshi