Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 00:03:15 -0800
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        "Thad Anderson" <tar1189@hotmail.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trying to Download 3.0 Stable

At 02:42 PM 2/3/99 PST, Thad Anderson wrote:
>I am trying to download the 3.0 stable, but it doesnt seem to have a
>complete directory structure.  could someone please help me.

You could look at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook269.html, but all
I have to say is good luck.  I can't figure out how to upgrade to -STABLE
either, which is why I'm writing, actually... Since my FreeBSD machine
isn't networked, my only option is CTM, but I really can't figure it out.
Is there a way to just install -STABLE from the start (as opposed to a
-RELEASE)?  At this point, redoing an installation would be _MUCH_ easier
than trying to figure out CTM.  Thanks!

-Charon