Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:38:58 +0100
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Nielsen <john@jnielsen.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: horde ports deinstall bug

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

Le Ven 11 nov 05 =E0 20:30:20 +0100, John Nielsen <john@jnielsen.net>
 =E9crivait=A0:
> The pkg-deinstall script used by many of the horde ports (including but n=
ot=20
> limited to imp, kronolith, gollem, ingo, mnemo, nag and turba) does not=
=20
> respect LHORDEDIR.  As a result, the uninstall does not back up config fi=
les=20
> if LHORDEDIR was set to anything other than the default value.  A portupg=
rade=20
> will therefore destroy any existing configuration that was not manually=
=20
> backed up.

You're right, they only respect PKG_PREFIX.

> A little sed trickery is probably all that would be needed to correct thi=
s,=20
> but being only an amateur porter I'm unsure where/how to write this up fo=
r a=20
> patch.
>=20
> I'd like to see this fixed, and I'd be happy to submit a PR (with patches=
 if I=20
> get time to figure out how it all works exactly) if this isn't already a=
=20
> quick fix for someone more experienced.

It's not very difficult; Horde does it: pkg-deinstall is defined as
SUB_FILES, and the needed strings are replaced by SUB_LIST. There is no
more pkg-deinstall but a files/pkg-deinstall.in.

If you don't succeed in writing these patches, let me know, I shall do
it.

Anyway, thanks for the report!
--=20
Th. Thomas.