Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:11:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        markm@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with Kerberos and /etc/auth.conf

> OK, so I'm just going down my sheet of "things that various people
> have reported as being most annoying in FreeBSD" and I'm looking at
> the 'ol "su -K" FAQ, that being the one where people inadvertently
> install kerberos (either by checking too many things off an install
> menu or building from sources) and it subsequently bites the
> non-internet connected by making su pause for a heck of a long time
> trying to contact a kerberos server which doesn't exist.

FWIW (which apparently ain't much), the thing I find most annoying
is that there are FAQ's at all.

If You know why something breaks, instead of writing about it,
why not make it Just Work(tm) instead?

The fact that there are FAQ's at all implies that FreeBSD is failing
POLA at some baser level...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---