Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 2004 15:50:28 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@freebsd.org>
Cc:        peter@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: add cvs -W option to disable -R/CVSREADONLYFS

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 09:33:44PM +0900, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:17:34 +0900 (JST)
> Norikatsu Shigemrua <nork@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > >Synopsis:	add cvs -W option to disable -R/CVSREADONLYFS
> > 	I added a feature which is to nagate a effect of -R/CVSREADONLYFS
> > 	to cvs as -W option.  Please review and commit.
>=20
> 	Although I am checkout-ing well by using cvs -R in ~/.cvsrc,
> 	when I want to commit, It is prevented by -R.  So I wanted to
> 	disable this feature.  Although control by the environment
> 	variable CVSREADONLYFS was also considered, honestly it is
> 	troublesome.
>=20
I also have -R in most of my ~/.cvsrc's, and when I need to commit,
I just use "cvs -f" (for local repos).  For remote repos, -R is not
a problem (it's not passed on the wire) unless you happen to have
it set in ~/.cvsrc on the repository host.  Even in this case, it
is still possible to commit by setting CVS_SERVER=3D"cvs -f" in the
environment of the committing host.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov