Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:17:48 -0500
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lang/gcc44 Inconsistant package list. Leftover files.

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:01, gerald@ wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, jhell wrote:
>> Below my .sig is what I found upon removal of the old version of gcc44
>> 0126 before re-building 0209.
>>
>> Is there a chance to get this fixed ?
>>
>> Not sure exactly whats causing this so I did not look further into it.
>
> Looking at the specific error message, it seems your installation was
> (or is) in a very interesting state.
>
> Whenever I make an update to the lang/gcc44 port or any of it's peers,
> doing a full installation into a virgin directory followed by a dein-
> stallation, as per the Porters' Handbook at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-testing.html
> and lang/gcc44 passes this without any problems, let alone the kind of
> problems you are seeing.  Also the FreeBSD Ports Cluster continously
> builds this port (among all the others) and has not reported anything
> that looks like this.
>
>> From all I can tell, this is not an issue with the port.  I did try to
> reproduce, but could not.  Still, thanks for the report, and if you can
> provide instructions on how to reproduce, I'll of course look into it
> again.
>
> Gerald

Thanks for the confirmation that this arises on my end :( darn.

All I can think of ATM moment to locate files that this is happening with
is the find command that I stated earlier. Something like find
/usr/local/ -type f -name \*\$\*, from csh of course. But as to where this
is happening or how its happening on my two systems must be residing in a
upgrade from an old ports collection to a more recent update. Ill grab a
fresh new copy of the ports tree and see if this resolves the issue and
report back with any new things I find or a final resolve.

Thanks Gerald.

Regards,

--

  jhell