Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 2014 02:15:28 +0300
From:      "Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net>
To:        "Oriental Sensation" <orientalsensation@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Postfix Milter support

> I am trying to install OpenDKIM with filter support
> (/usr/ports/mail/opendkim) and Postfix. However, the later cannot be
> installed alongside Sendmail while OpenDKIM requires it... So how
> exactly do I get Postfix and OpenDKIM w/milter playing together?

Milters need parts of sendmail kept in the system (headers?), thus you need
to keep sendmail in the system. Just dont add the:

WITHOUT_SENDMAIL

line into /etc/src.cnf. Or if you have it do a new build/installworld

Sadly sendmail doesn't have more finegrained configuration like BIND used to
have.

-Reko