Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 01:06:46 +0100
From:      Michael Cugley <michael.cugley@virgin.net>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: What do newbies do with FreeBSD?

Personally I just got it so I could run RADIANCE and remember my student
days when we had a SunOS/Solaris network with X :)  Plus also to get
experience with setting up a Unix from scratch to pad my CV with.

I keep meaning to move over from using Windows '95 (I dual-boot, with
FreeBSD having a 2Gig drive of its very own), but well, I got everything
working on Windows 95 before I found FreeBSD...

When I'm rich (hah!) I'm gonna get myself a little FreeBSD network & admin
that for the experience, and also to play RPGs with.  Get a crunchy machine
to act as server, and a slightly less crunchy machine to run Win 9x as a
games machine...

--
			Mike Cugley, lunatic at large

http://freespace.virgin.net/michael.cugley/