Date:      09 Dec 2000 22:19:37 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
Cc:        OKAZAKI Tetsurou <okazaki@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/23357: New port: java/jakarta-regexp

Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> writes:
> tomcat has a reputation of beeing rather buggy, IMHO. If the
> port would actually be *built* instead of just installed from
> binary, it would be easy to add patches as they come up (I have
> a small one already...).

I tried. It's non-trivial because the source isn't distributed in a
sane fashion; there are bits in the binary dists that are missing from
the source dists. I don't remember the details, but I never managed to
build something remotely like the binary distribution of ant, and
without that I couldn't build tomcat.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org