Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:37:39 -0400
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        aurikus grande <aurikus@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to log sshd access in a single file

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM, aurikus grande <aurikus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> just a few days ago i setup my first FreeBSD server, so i am new to this
> OS.
>
> I already tried to find the information i was looking for, but to no luck.
>
> I try to add a line in /etc/hosts.allow which would allow and log all
> attempts using SSH (sshd).

[ snip ]

I would recommend using the auth and authpriv facilities for syslog.  Check
the syslog.conf manpage for configuring such activity.  I believe FreeBSD
defaults to failed ssh authentication is logged to /var/log/messages while
successful authentication is written to /var/log/auth.log.

--
Take care
Rick Miller