Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:06:23 +0100
From:      Marius Halden <marius.h@lden.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   SFPs not working with bxe nic

Hi,

We are having some issues with getting some CWDM optics to work with a BCM57840 (Supermicro AOC-STG-B4S) NIC. All the SFPs we have are 1000Base-lx, but we are only able to get the 1310nm ones to work. When we connect the 1310nm SFPs dmesg says they are connected with 1G speed, but ifconfig says 10Gbase-SR. When we connect any of the other SFPs we get no info in dmesg and ifconfig says no carrier if we try to bring up the interface.

Do you have any suggestions for how we can try to figure out this does not work?

--
Marius Halden