Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:17:05 +0530
From:      Manish Jain <invalid.pointer@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xine-v0.99.5 hangs on FreeBSD-7.1; xmms-1.2.11 crashes on enabling option DoubleSize

Hi all,

I just downloaded the latest ports tarball and successfully
installed xine.

When I started xine (not as root), I got the message
I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges

The ui loaded but hung. It simply did not respond to any number of mouse
clicks. I finally had to kill xine.

Xmms-1.2.11 works well in all other ways except that it crashes when I
enable the option DoubleSize. I manually set doublesize to true in
~/.xmms/config. Running xmms& gave the following error message :

Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load module "libgnomebreakpad.so":
Shared object "libgnomebreakpad.so" not found, required by "xmms"
Set_LDT
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

[1]+  Exit 1                  xmms

Changing doublesize back to false gets rid of the Gdk-ERROR's (although
the Gtk-WARNING persists) and xmms starts up nicely enough.

The more serious problem, of course, is the hanging of xine at startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Manish Jain
invalid.pointer@gmail.com