Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:43:27 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Least supported laptop for FreeBSD under $1k

--95n2dZZDVPvlnkUw

On Thursday, 25 December 2003 at 20:39:37 -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> So what's the least supported by FreeBSD modern laptop under $1k?  I'm
> looking for one that has bad interrupt routing, resource conflict
> issues or pccard/cardbus problems.  I'm not counting 'sound doesn't
> work' or 'modem doens't work' as least supported for these purposes.

I don't know about "least supported", but I had a lot of trouble with
my Dell Inspiron 5100.  The biggest outstanding issue is that the BIOS
doesn't get completely mapped: there's a 16 kB hole in the middle of
the video BIOS which causes the X server to crash.  I've also had a
lot of trouble with USB, though I haven't tried it lately.

Greg

--95n2dZZDVPvlnkUw

--95n2dZZDVPvlnkUw--