Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 00:21:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      James <jamesh@etsu.edu>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, owner-freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, jhhiggins@prodigy.net

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Sue Blake wrote:

> I am a newbie and that's not going to change for quite a while. For many
> reasons I want to talk to other newbies in a newbie environment.

I am a newbie and proud. : )  I would like to see a list such as this and
have often wondered myself why there is not such a beast.

> I have a lot of ideas about what I'd like to see, but most great ideas
> to date have turned out to be crap in the light of further information.
> Could someone please summarise the argument against a mailing list for
> newbies before I either press for one to be created or do it myself.

I would also like to hear the resoning for this.  I think it would be a
good idea.  I understand that too many lists would be a bad thing and
there is no need for a freebsd-basketweaving group, but to me at least a
newbies group seems logical.

James