Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:48:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eaglez <eaglez69@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   PnP unknown0: device! Modems bite :P

OK, i read the recent thread about pnp modems. I have
a similar problem. As far as i can tell, it's detected
fine. The only problem is that it's detected like this
(dmesg):

unknown8: <U.S. Robotics 56K Win INT> at port \
0x100-0x107 irq 7 on isa0

until recently, this was the only unknown device
(unknown0). but now it's at 8, and there are 7 others,
that are just memory areas and irq's. no descriptions.

Does that mean that this is a Winmodem? (that "Win" in
the description is suspicious) (i got this modem from
a windows user, so i'm not sure). I thought that
because it was even detected, it wouldn't be a
winmodem.

Oh yea, i guess i should mention that this is on an
SMP system. (and the motherboard's somewhat crackish.
could that be the problem?)

thanks,
Jesse