Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:28:54 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Gomes do Vale Victor <ulysse31@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zpool import taking weeks ...
References:  <CAFSDvD2hLNN_CupeVKu02bLLUS1EFuTdZZw5Z9xoiNFZ0p4_fg@mail.gmail.com> <CAOjFWZ5dgw0nZzWFhWOCS-HSseBC=uavc=aQM%2Byht-R5a4Xfow@mail.gmail.com> <CAB7-odmXb%2B0KvEh6vDPstt89-O=ccL81MAtX2hRLWk%2BRcVZzUA@mail.gmail.com> <CAOjFWZ6r2LYWAw_eB4f9AEoy_w313rRy44t9uBdNMK2MJTmQwg@mail.gmail.com> <CAFSDvD25ceAZT_WBj9yFfh13KrVeqVtcNHWB85B3rNzk1b_Ang@mail.gmail.com> <52D71421.3030103@delphij.net> <D9EA3D38-07DD-49D7-AFCE-BAA362398916@gmail.com> <52D82178.6030903@freebsd.org> <879A72E5-3F29-4AC4-A4B4-E65430800A7C@gmail.com>

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Gomes do Vale Victor
<ulysse31@gmail.com>wrote:

> Le 16 janv. 2014 =C3=A0 19:14, Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org> a =C3=A9crit=
 :

> > Just for the record, since your reply seems to imply that the -T
> > option is only available on Linux:
> >
> > The -T option of zpool import has been present in FreeBSD for years,
> > but is undocumented (same as in Solaris/OpenIndiana). It has been
> > mentioned in some ZFS recovery guides (most written for Solaris) and
> > it actually works quite well (I used it to recover an inconsistent pool
> > and helped somebody else who has lost access to his ZFS file-systems).
> >
> > Regards, STefan
>
> Sorry if you understood that. It was not what I meant. I wanted to say
> that I only found one thread talking about that option (the import with t=
he
> -T option) and that thread was about ZFS on Linux, and since I ain't foun=
> no mention of it on the actual man of my FreeBSD version I have here, I
> tough it was only available on newer ZFS versions (like v5000) under
> FreeBSD.
> Thanks for the info, so do you think I could use this method to recover m=
> pool that is on ZFS v28 ?
> Also, the import is now running without crash for 8 days now, and still
> does not have finished, and I do not see any revelant activity on disks,
> nor any load under CTRL+T on the zpool process (sometimes goes to 0.16/0.=
08
> but quickly returns to 0.00 and stays there a while) do you think I shoul=
> interrupt it, reboot and restart again ? Or directly test with the -T
> option ?

I'd try a reboot to restart the process.  Let it run for a day.  If you
still aren't seeing any disk activity, then try the -T and/or the -F import
options.=E2=80=8B=E2=80=8B

--=20
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com