Date:      Wed, 02 Mar 2005 03:01:03 +0100
From:      Arne Schwabe <arne@rfc2549.org>
To:        Aidan Whyte <aidanwhyte@eircom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 802.11a pcmcia cards

Aidan Whyte wrote:

>Anyone know of any 802.11a (/ab/abg/ag/whatever) pcmcia cards that have an external antenna
>connector?
>
>I've read that they're hard to find because most 802.11a cards use a mix of 2 frequency bands to
>give more non-overlapping channels, but the FCC doesn't allow one of those bands to be used for
>external use so no equipment transmitting over that spectrum can have external antenna connectors.
>I'm in Europe where this doesn't apply, but I still can't find any card with an external antenna
>connector :o/ If one was found that was known to work under freebsd that would be a big bonus :o)

I had no luck either finding one, even the 11a cards for the proxim ap
2000 we have at the university have no antenna connnector even though
they have external antenna (Well I am not 100% sure, they may have under
the plastic) http://www.proxim.com/products/wifi/ap/ap200011a/index.html
If you find one I would be happy if you can tell me too.

Arne